Advertise With Us
Settled in 1839, Marshall became the seat of Harrison County in 1842. When Texas seceded from the Union in 1861, Marshall was one of the biggest and wealthiest cities in the state. After Vicksburg fell, Marshall became the seat of civil authority west of the Mississippi River, wartime capital of Missouri and headquarters of the Trans-Mississippi Postal Department. It is now home of East Texas Baptist University, Texas State Technical College, and Wiley College. We have advertising opportunities in our traditional print publication The Marshall News Messenger and online with www.MarshallNewsMessenger.com.