DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 21, 2019--
The Global Access Control Reader Market size is expected to reach $6.4 billion by 2025, rising at a market growth of 12.6% CAGR during the forecast period.
The major adopter of access control readers is the commercial industry. In these industries, commercial spaces like data centers and enterprises, banks and financial institutions, retail stores and malls, hotels, and entertainment studios are being considered. These locations need access control readers to protect individuals and assets through prevention of unauthorized access.
There is a growing demand for access control devices, as they considerably decrease the need for manned security, thereby lowering security expenses. These variables encourage exchange and service organizations, in order to safeguard individuals and assets, to embrace access control readers.
Based on Regions, the market is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Latin America, Middle East & Africa. The Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to record the largest market share over the forecast period. Growing economies are striving to improve their infrastructure, which is projected to boost the growth of access control reader market. The implementation of access control readers in small-and medium-sized enterprises, airports, hospitality businesses, ATMs, residential buildings, banks, and religious spots is anticipated to boost the access control reader market growth in Asian countries.
The major strategies followed by the market participants are Product launches and Partnerships & Collaborations. Based on the Analysis presented in the Cardinal matrix, Canon, Inc., Robert Bosch GmbH, Honeywell International, Inc., and Johnson Controls International PLC are some of the forerunners in the Access Control Reader Market. The market research report covers the analysis of key stake holders of the market.
Key companies profiled in the report include Assa Abloy Group, Johnson Controls International PLC, Dormakaba Holding AG, Allegion PLC, Honeywell International, Inc. (Honeywell Security Group), Identiv, Inc., Nedap N.V., Robert Bosch GmbH (Bosch Security Systems, Inc.), Gemalto N.V. (Thales Group S.A.), NEC Corporation and Canon, Inc. (Axis Communication AB).
Recent Strategies Deployed in Access Control Reader Market
Collaborations, Partnerships and Agreements
- Aug-2019: Johnson Controls came into partnership with Patriot One for security network and access control integration project.
- Aug-2019: Identiv expanded its reach to U.S. by extending its relationship with Anixter for developing new products related to Enterphone and Liberty Access Control product lines.
- Jul-2019: Identiv signed an agreement with Schreiner Group GmbH in order to deliver Identiv's RFID Inlays for the device-level identification.
- Jul-2019: Nedap collaborated with Mitie Fire & Security Systems in order to deliver access control in UK.
- May-2019: Allegion US collaborated with Open Options in order to integrate ENGAGE IP Gateway with Open Options' DNA Fusion access control platform for Braden their access control solutions.
- May-2019: Gemalto collaborated with Canadian Department of National Defence's (DND) in order to launch first Automated Fingerprint Identification System (AFIS) for increasing the security in fingerprint verification records.
- May-2019: Nedap came into partnership with Superdry for ID Cloud in order to increase inventory accuracy with the help of RFID platform.
- Mar-2019: Gemalto teamed up with Identify3D in which Identify3D will deploy Gemalto's SafeNet Data Protection on Demand in order to ensure the safety of its customers.
- Mar-2019: NEC collaborated with Macromill, Inc. for delivering insight services with the help of biometrics and AI.
- Jan-2019: Identiv teamed up with NXP Semiconductors N.V. in order to launch new ultra-low-cost radio frequency identification (RFID) inlay for the expansion of its access control systems.
- Jan-2019: Gemalto came into partnership with Quebec in order to develop health insurance cards for Quebec in order to avoid duplication.
Acquisition & Mergers
- Sep-2019: Assa Abloy has acquired LifeSafety Power in order to enhance its business to US for broadening its access control power solutions.
- Jun-2019: Assa Abloy taken over international identity solutions business of De La Rue, for increase of its products and solutions which enhances its identification solutions.
- Jan-2019: Assa Abloy acquired KEYper Systems for complementing its intelligent key and asset management solutions in automotive segment.
- Jan-2019: Identiv acquired Viscount Systems, Inc. in order to extend the product line of Freedom, Liberty, Enterphone MESH, and Services.
- Aug-2019: Allegion launched Schlage commercial electronic locks for supporting contactless IDs in Apple wallet in order to enable the children to open doors easily.
- Aug-2019: Identiv launched new uTrust 2920 F Bluetooth Smart Card Reader for portable and powerful authentication in mobile cybersecurity.
- Aug-2019: Bosch Security released biometric fingerprint reader BioEntry W2 for the purpose of enhanced security.
- Jul-2019: Thales, parent company of Gemalto launched new Gemalto Digital ID Wallet in order to provide effortless proof of identity.
- Jun-2019: NEC introduced NEC's multi-modal biometric immigration gate and iris recognition capabilities which comprises of the facial recognition capabilities for avoiding duplicity.
- Apr-2019: Honeywell Security launched OmniAssure Touch, range of access control readers which complements WINMAG, WIN-PAK, and Pro-Watch.
- Mar-2019: Identiv introduced NTAG 424 DNA Tags in order to expand its radio-frequency identification (RFID) offerings for authentication.
- Mar-2019: Axis Communications, a Canon company launched AXIS A8207-VE Network video door station which integrates door communication, video surveillance and RFID reader for access control in easy way in order to manage devices.
By Reader Type
- Biometric Readers
- Face Recognition
- Palm Recognition
- Voice Recognition
- IRIS Recognition
- Card-Based Readers
- Proximity Card Readers
- Smart Card Readers
- Magnetic Stripe Readers
- Multi-Technology Readers
- Assa Abloy Group
- Johnson Controls International PLC
- Dormakaba Holding AG
- Allegion PLC
- Honeywell International, Inc. (Honeywell Security Group)
- Identiv Inc.
- Nedap N.V.
- Robert Bosch GmbH (Bosch Security Systems Inc.)
- Gemalto N.V. (Thales Group S.A.)
- NEC Corporation
- Canon Inc. (Axis Communication AB)
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/u58aod
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20191021005779/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY SECURITY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 10/21/2019 03:43 PM/DISC: 10/21/2019 03:43 PM