DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 12, 2019--The "Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By End Use, By Technology, By Products & Services, By Application, By Workflow, By Region, And Segment Forecasts, 2019 - 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global next generation sequencing market is expected to reach USD 19.7 billion by 2025 registering a CAGR of 12.78%, according to this report.
Growing application of NGS methodologies due to rising number of strategic developments initiated by the market participants is one of the key drivers of the market. These novel strategies mark the presence of intense competition between the key firms.
Companies are further increasing their installation base by providing sequencing services in different emerging countries. For instance, in April 2018, Illumina entered into a partnership with Loxo Oncology for the development of Illumina TruSight Tumor 170 NGS test as a companion diagnostic for Loxo Oncology's LOXO-292 and larotrectinib for tumor profiling.
Similarly, in March 2018, PierianDx partnered with cancer genetics to offer NGS-based tests for oncology precision medicine. NGS technologies experience significant growth due to rapid automation in the pre-sequencing protocols and advancements in clinical diagnosis and disease testing.
Wide application of this technique in oncology, reproductive screening, infectious disease, noninvasive prenatal testing, and pharmacogenomics is also expected to positively impact the market growth.
Reduced costs of genetic sequencing has also significantly enhanced the adoption of these technologies. Reduced installation costs of NGS platforms and easy availability of proteomic and genomic data has also resulted in an increased demand, thereby propelling the market development.
Key findings from the study suggest:
- NGS-based platforms & related products account for the dominant market share due to the presence of sequencing platforms and instruments required for clinical applications
- Growing awareness related to NGS services is likely to boost growth of the services segment
- Cancer-related genes have a high level of genomic heterogeneity that can be easily detected by NGS, thus resulting in maximum revenue flow from the oncology field
- On the basis of workflow, sequencing vertical accounted for the largest revenue share of the NGS market in 2018 and is said to continue its dominance over the forecast period
- High demand for this technology and usage of NGS platforms for several research projects and Ph.D. programs contributes to academic research segment's growth
- Whereas, clinical research segment will witness a significant CAGR owing to emergence of NGS applications in clinical research and studies
- North American held the maximum revenue share in 2018 due to the presence of a number of NGS technology providers, such as Illumina and Thermo Fisher
- Asia Pacific is expected to emerge as the fastest-growing region due to continuous improvements laid by key participants in emerging economies, such as China and India
- Prominent companies in the global market include Illumina Inc.; QIAGEN; F Hoffman-La Roche Ltd.; Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.; and Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
- Product development and M&A are some of the key strategies adopted by these companies, for instance, Illumina acquired Edico Genome to improve the overall efficiency of NGS solutions provided by Illumina
Key Topics Covered
Chapter 1 Research Methodology & Scope
1.1 Information Procurement
1.2 Information or Data Analysis
1.3 Market Formulation & Validation
1.4 Region Wise Market Calculation
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 Next Generation Sequencing Market Outlook, 2014 - 2025
2.2 Next Generation Sequencing Market : Segment Outlook, 2014 - 2025
2.3 Next Generation Sequencing Market : Competitive Insights
Chapter 3 Next Generation Sequencing Market Variables, Trends, & Scope
3.1 Market Lineage Outlook
3.2 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Applications, 2018
3.3 Penetration & Growth Prospect Mapping for Prominent Industry Players, 2018
3.4 Product Pipeline Analysis, by Stage
3.5 Cost Structure Analysis
3.6 User Perspective Analysis
3.7 Procedure Cost Analysis
3.8 End-use analysis
3.9 Technology Overview
3.10 Regulatory Framework
3.11 Next Generation Sequencing Market - Market Dynamics
3.12 Next Generation Sequencing Market Analysis Tools
3.13 NGS Platform Penetration Mapping, 2018
Chapter 4 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Competitive Analysis
4.1 Recent Developments & Impact Analysis, by Key Market Participants
4.2 Company/Competition Categorization
4.3 Vendor Landscape
Chapter 5 Next Generation Sequencing Market Categorization: Products and Services Estimates & Trend Analysis
5.1 Definitions & Scope
5.2 Products and Services Market Share Analysis, 2018 & 2025
5.3 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Products and Services Movement Analysis, 2018 & 2025
5.4 Global Next Generation Sequencing Market, by Products and Services, 2014 to 2025
5.5 Market Size & Forecasts and Trend Analyses, 2014 to 2025 for the following
5.6 Next Generation Sequencing Product and Services Market, by Application, 2014 to 2025
Chapter 6 Next Generation Sequencing Market Categorization: Application Estimates & Trend Analysis
6.1 Definitions & Scope
6.2 Application Market Share Analysis, 2018 & 2025
6.3 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Application Movement Analysis, 2018 & 2025
6.4 Global Next Generation Sequencing Market, by Application, 2014 to 2025
6.5 Market Size & Forecasts and Trend Analyses, 2014 to 2025 for the following,
Chapter 7 Next Generation Sequencing Market Categorization: Technology Estimates & Trend Analysis
7.1 Definitions & Scope
7.2 Technology Market Share Analysis, 2018 & 2025
7.3 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Technology Movement Analysis, 2018 & 2025
7.4 Global Next Generation Sequencing Market, by Technology, 2014 to 2025
7.5 Market Size & Forecasts and Trend Analyses, 2014 to 2025 for the following,
Chapter 8 Next Generation Sequencing Market Categorization: Workflow Estimates & Trend Analysis
8.1 Definitions & Scope
8.2 Workflow Market Share Analysis, 2018 & 2025
8.3 Next Generation Sequencing Market: Workflow Movement Analysis, 2018 & 2025
8.4 Global Next Generation Sequencing Market by Workflow, 2018 & 2025
8.5 Market Size & Forecasts and Trend Analyses, 2014 to 2025 for the following,
Chapter 9 Next Generation Sequencing Market Categorization: End-use Estimates & Trend Analysis
9.1 Definitions & Scope
9.2 End-use Market Share Analysis, 2018 & 2025
9.3 Next Generation Sequencing Market: End-Use Movement Analysis, 2018 & 2025
9.4 Global Next Generation Sequencing Market, by End-use, 2014 to 2025
9.5 Market Size & Forecasts and Trend Analyses, 2014 to 2025 for the following,
Chapter 10 Next Generation Sequencing Market Categorization: Regional Estimates & Trend Analysis, by Product & Service Type, Application, Technology, Workflow, & End-use
10.1 Next generation sequencing market share by region, 2018 & 2025
10.2 Regional Market Share and Leading Players, 2018
10.3 North America
10.5 Asia Pacific
10.6 Latin America
10.7 Middle East & Africa
Chapter 11 Competitive Landscape
11.1 Strategy Framework
11.2 Market Participation Categorization
11.3 Next-Generation Sequencing Vendor's Landscape
11.4 Company Profiles
11.5 List of Companies
- Illumina Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Agilent Technologies Inc.
- Genomatix GmbH
- Eurofins GATC Biotech GmbH
- Oxford Nanopore Technologies
- Macrogen Inc.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- DNASTAR Inc.
- Biomatters Ltd.
- Perkin Elmer Inc.
- Pacific Biosciences of California Inc.
- Partek Incorporated
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- Myriad Genetics Inc.
- Hologic Inc. (Gen-Probe Incorporated)
- Horizon Discovery Group PLC
- LGC Limited
- Vela Diagnostics
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/y18jwd
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190412005171/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Molecular Diagnostics
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH BIOTECHNOLOGY ONCOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/12/2019 06:44 AM/DISC: 04/12/2019 06:44 AM