DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jul 8, 2021--
The "Sonar Systems Market: Global Industry Trends, Share, Size, Growth, Opportunity and Forecast 2021-2026" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com's offering.
The global sonar systems market reached a value of US$ 3.74 Billion in 2020. Looking forward, the publisher expects the global sonar systems market to exhibit moderate growth during the next five years.
Sound navigation and ranging (SONAR) refers to a technique which employs sound waves for navigating, communicating, and detecting lost or hazardous objects. The sound waves are reflected from the objects and are detected by sonar systems which analyse the information contained in them. Sonar systems are generally divided into passive and active sonar. Active sonar systems emit acoustic waves into the water and listen to their echoes underwater, whereas, passive sonars do not generate their own signals and listen to the sounds produced by other vessels. Nowadays, sonar systems are widely used for fishing, hydrography, oil exploration, marine observation and nautical charting activities.
On account of the rising number of terrorist attacks, governments across the globe are increasing their defence budgets for building warships and deploying nuclear submarines as a part of their military strategies. Moreover, the growing applications of sonar systems in preventive defence processes and anti-submarine warfare (ASW) have boosted their demand across the globe. In line with this, advanced systems are being developed, such as synthetic aperture sonar (SAS) which produces higher resolution images. In addition, consistent enhancements in the arena of autonomous underwater vehicles and rising demand for unmanned underwater vehicles (UUVs) for commercial exploration of oil and gas are also anticipated to bolster the growth of the market.
- Lockheed Martin
- Kongsberg Gruppen
- Ultra Electronics
- L3 Technologies
- Atlas Elektronik
Key Questions Answered in This Report:
- How has the global sonar systems market performed so far and how will it perform in the coming years?
- What are the key regional markets in the global sonar systems industry?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global sonar systems industry?
- What is the breakup of the global sonar systems market on the basis of mode of operation?
- What is the breakup of the global sonar systems market on the basis of product type?
- What is the breakup of the global sonar systems market on the basis of installation?
- What is the breakup of the global sonar systems market on the basis of type?
- What is the breakup of the global sonar systems market on the basis of application?
- What is the breakup of the global sonar systems market on the basis of material?
- What are the various stages in the value chain of the global sonar systems market?
- What are the key driving factors and challenges in the global sonar systems market?
- What is the structure of the global sonar systems market and who are the key players?
- What is the degree of competition in the global sonar systems market?
Key Topics Covered:
2 Scope and Methodology
3 Executive Summary
4.2 Key Industry Trends
5 Global Sonar Systems Market
5.1 Market Overview
5.2 Market Performance
5.3 Impact of COVID-19
5.4 Market Breakup by Mode of Operation
5.5 Market Breakup by Product Type
5.6 Market Breakup by Installation
5.7 Market Breakup by Application
5.8 Market Breakup by Type
5.9 Market Breakup by Material
5.10 Market Breakup by Region
5.11 Market Forecast
6 Market Breakup by Mode of Operation
7 Market Breakup by Product Type
8 Market Breakup by Installation
9 Market Breakup by Type
10 Market Breakup by Application
11 Market Breakup by Material
12 Market Breakup by Region
13 SWOT Analysis
14 Value Chain Analysis
15 Porters Five Forces Analysis
16 Price Analysis
17 Competitive Landscape
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/ff0hio
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210708005692/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 07/08/2021 11:29 AM/DISC: 07/08/2021 11:29 AM