NEW YORK--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 5, 2021--
A winning streak! Three hotels in MCR ’s portfolio — Ink 48 Hotel, The High Line Hotel and the TWA Hotel — won Condé Nast Traveler 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards. With all three properties ranking among the top 30 hotels in New York City, MCR — the 4th-largest owner-operator in the United States — dominates the list.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211005005774/en/
TWA Hotel at JFK Airport in New York City (photo by Eric Laignel)
The longest-running and most prestigious recognition of excellence in the travel industry, the Readers’ Choice Awards are selected entirely by readers through an online survey. This year, more than 800,000 Condé Nast Traveler readers submitted responses! MCR’s hotels were selected out of 420-plus total hotels in New York City.
Ink 48 Hotel ranks number 10 in the top 30 hotels in New York City! A winner in 2020, the hotel rose 15 spots from last year’s number 25. Located in the heart of Hell’s Kitchen, the modern hotel boasts 222 rooms and suites with views of the city skyline and the Hudson River. Guests rave about the rooftop hotspot, The Press Lounge, which serves up panoramic Manhattan vistas and creative cocktails (try the Aren’t You Cuke). The onsite farm-to-table restaurant, PRINT, offers a seasonal menu that changes daily. Steps from the new Glasshouse event space, the Javits Center and Hudson Yards, Ink 48 puts you at the center of the action.
Seven-time Readers’ Choice Award winner The High Line Hotel takes number 19 on the list. An 1895 Gothic gem in the Chelsea neighborhood, the 60-room, dog-friendly hotel has the only Intelligentsia outpost in New York as well as an outdoor cocktail garden named after its London double-decker bus, Daisy (grab a drink and sit on top!). Beloved for its community events, including an Easter party and Christmas tree lighting, The High Line Hotel is pumped to return this season with Champagne Wishes & Pumpkin Dreams! On Saturday evenings in October, master carver in residence Brent Heuser will chisel your custom design (Madonna? Your maltese?) in a pumpkin while you cheers with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot in Daisy’s Cocktail Garden. Book a session here!
JFK’s only on-airport hotel, the TWA Hotel, ranks number 27 this year. Celebrating the style of the Sixties, the 512-room hotel takes flight in the landmark 1962 TWA Flight Center designed by Eero Saarinen. Guests watch planes from runway-view rooms and the rooftop infinity pool that’s open year-round (it’s heated up to 95 degrees in winter). Explore museum exhibits, toast with a cocktail in our 1958 Lockheed Constellation “Connie” airplane, play in our Twister Room, hit our huge gym with 14 Peloton bikes or take a spin on the roller rink (but make it snappy — the rink flies away for the winter on October 18). Invite all your friends! Our 50,000-square-foot Event Center hosts weddings, small meetings and conferences (like the recent Skift Global Forum, a rousing success). Earlier this year, the TWA Hotel also won a Travel + Leisure World’s Best Award!
“Thank you to the guests who came out to eat, drink, rest and have a little fun at our hotels this year,” says Tyler Morse, Chairman and CEO of MCR. “Our team members strive to provide exceptional experiences and we’re honored to be recognized by our loyal guests.”
The 2021 Readers’ Choice Awards are published on Condé Nast Traveler’s website at cntraveler.com/rca and celebrated in the November issue.
- 4th-largest hotel owner-operator in the United States
- $4.0 billion portfolio of 125 premium-branded hotels
- MCR operates 8 Marriott brands, 6 Hilton brands and a number of unflagged independent hotels
- 20,000 guestrooms across 34 states and 84 cities
- Founded in 2006
- Offices in New York City, Dallas, Chicago and Richmond, Virginia
- 3,600 team members across the country
- Three-time recipient of the Marriott Partnership Circle Award, the highest honor Marriott presents to its owner and franchise partners
- Recipient of the Hilton Legacy Award for Top Performer
- For the TWA Hotel at New York’s JFK Airport, MCR won the Development of the Year (Full Service) Award at The Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS), the Urban Land Institute New York Excellence in Hotel Development Award and the American Institute of Architects national Architecture Award, the highest honor given by the AIA
- Named one of Fast Company’s10 Most Innovative Travel Companies of 2020
- For more information, please visit mcrhotels.com
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20211005005774/en/
KEYWORD: NEW YORK UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY COMMERCIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE LODGING CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY DESTINATIONS TRAVEL
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 10/05/2021 10:00 AM/DISC: 10/05/2021 10:02 AM