A Harrison County grand jury has indicted two individuals for murder.
The first, Billy Ray Marsh, of the Harrison County side of Longview, was indicted for the March 29 death of his wife, 40-year-old Key’Ocea Marsh. According to the indictment, the 46-year-old reportedly killed the victim by hitting her multiple times in the head with a hammer.
Officers learned about the incident when Marsh came to the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office around 7 a.m. that day to speak to investigators, a probable cause for arrest report shows. He was escorted to Lt. Floyd Duncan’s office where Marsh allegedly made an admission to killing his wife.
“I asked Mr. Marsh what he needed to speak with me about. Marsh stated that he believes he just killed his wife,” Duncan wrote in his arrest report.
Duncan ended the conversation at that point and escorted Marsh to the Criminal Investigation Division Office’s interview room for a recorded interview and a reading of Marsh’s Miranda rights.
Waiving his Miranda rights, Marsh told police that he used a claw hammer, striking his wife about five times in the head, as she lay in their bed inside of their home in the 3300 block of Lansing Switch Road.
Deputies dispatched to the location and found a deceased black female on the bed inside of the residence. Marsh was subsequently placed under arrest and booked into the Harrison County Jail on a charge of murder.
Pct. 3 Justice of the Peace Mike Smith pronounced the victim deceased at the scene and ordered an autopsy.
In an unrelated incident, 23-year-old Richard Blayne Anderson, of Beckville, was also indicted for the offense of murder in connection with the Easter Sunday 2018 homicide of Stacey Keith Carr.
According to the indictment, Anderson allegedly caused the April 1, 2018 death of Carr by shooting him with a firearm.
The fatal shooting of the 25-year-old Beckville resident occurred early that morning at the Sabine River Rats ATV Park in Marshall. A witness told responding officers with the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office that the shooting started after Carr confronted Anderson for allegedly assaulting Carr’s ex-girlfriend.
“During interviews with a witness, it was discovered that approximately three hours earlier in the evening, there had been an alleged assault on the ex-girlfriend of Stacey Carr, the victim, by Anderson,” a news release issued at the time of the incident said. “Allegedly, Carr confronted Anderson at the River Rats Park and a fight ensued after being told that Anderson had assaulted his ex-girlfriend. The alleged suspect then retrieved a pistol and allegedly shot the victim multiple times during the fight.”
At approximately 1:30 a.m., Harrison County 911 dispatchers began receiving multiple calls for an ambulance and law enforcement regarding gunshots fired, with a possible victim. Witnesses on the scene identified the alleged suspect to be Anderson. Anderson was located in a pickup near a wooded area and appeared to be either asleep or passed out.
“Deputies removed Anderson from the truck and placed him under arrest without incident,” officials reported.
Carr, the victim, was found several feet away with gunshot wounds. He appeared to be lifeless.
“EMT units arrived and attempted to find pulse and were unable to locate a pulse or heartbeat,” officials said.
A .40 caliber pistol was recovered at the scene.
Others indicted were:
- Dominic Xavier Sneed, 32, Marshall, possession of a controlled substance;
- Joe Estin Brumble, 57, Hallsville, possession of a controlled substance;
- Kamesha LaFaye Miles, 28, Marshall, manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance;
- Avis Delynn Jones, 34, Marshall, three counts of manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance;
- Carlos Deon Brown, 45, Waskom, driving while intoxicated third or more offense;
- Pedro Jr. Aguilar, 30, Henderson, driving while intoxicated third or more offense;
- Nikishama Lamae Woodkins, 22, Marshall, evading arrest/detention with a vehicle;
- Jerry Dean Wilson, 60, Newport New, Virginia, evading arrest/detention with a vehicle;
- Elexus Kieara Boyd, 22, Longview, theft of property less than $2,500 with two or more previous convictions;
- Gavin Douglas McKinley, 26, Marshall, theft of property less than $2,500 with two or more previous convictions;
- Derrick Beron McCowan, 35, Marshall, two counts of burglary of a habitation with intent to commit other felony;
- Daniel Ramirez, 27, Marshall, unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon;
- Amanda Dawn Finerty-Turner, 26, Marshall, abandoning or endangering a child with criminal negligence.