From Staff Reports
AUSTIN — The reward for Jose Fernando Bustos-Diaz, 30, a Texas 10 Most Wanted Fugitive, has been increased to $10,000 for information leading to his capture if the tip comes in during the month of May.
Bustos-Diaz is a convicted murderer who is wanted for escape and unlawful flight to avoid prosecution. All tips are guaranteed to be anonymous.
In 2006, Bustos-Diaz pleaded guilty to a 2005 murder that he committed while working as a ranch hand in Harris County. He was subsequently sentenced to 35 years in a Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) prison.
On April 6, 2010, Bustos-Diaz escaped from the TDCJ Briscoe Unit in Dilley, approximately 70 miles southwest of San Antonio. Bustos-Diaz is believed to have fled to Mexico.
Bustos-Diaz is 5 feet 8 inches tall and weighs approximately 195 pounds. He has significant acne scaring on his face and birthmarks on his chest.
He also has multiple tattoos, including a heart with a cross on the webbing of his left hand; the name “Vanessa” with one dot on the inside of his left wrist; and the name “Lizeth” on the inside of his right wrist.
To be eligible for the cash rewards, tipsters MUST provide information to authorities using one of the three following methods:
- Call the Crime Stoppers hotline at 1-800-252-TIPS (8477).
- Submit a web tip through the DPS website by selecting the fugitive you have information about, and then clicking on the link under their picture.
- Submit a Facebook tip by clicking the “SUBMIT A TIP” link (under the “About” section).
Arrests made by the Marshall Police Department
- Shane Mikel Morris, 21, of Marshall was arrested on the charge of no driver’s license on Wednesday.
- Derrick Dewayne Johnson, 30, of Marshall was arrested on the charge of felon in possession of a firearm on Wednesday.
- Destiny Dawn Morris, 25, of Karnack was arrested on the charges of no proof of liability insurance, no valid driver’ license and unrestrained child on Wednesday.
- Jody Lee Daugherty, 42, of Haughton, Louisiana, was arrested on the charges of theft of firearm, unlawfully carrying a weapon and possession of marijuana under 2 ounces (2 counts) on Wednesday.
- Charles Michael Sherrod, 35, of Marshall was arrested on the charge of public intoxication on Wednesday.
- Demonte Dewayne Powell, 19, of Marshall was arrested on the charges of no valid driver’s license and failure to control speed on Wednesday.
Incidents reported to the Marshall Police Department
- Theft of property under $2,500 with 2 previous convictions, 1600 block of West Grand Avenue, Wednesday.
Arrests made by the Harrison County Sheriff’s Office
- Larry Bryant Allen, 41, of Linden was arrested on the charges of violation of motor fuel tax requirements (3 counts) on Wednesday.
- William G. Fletcher Jr., 51, of Longview, was arrested on the charges of driving while intoxicated and unlawful carrying of a weapon on Wednesday.
- Lauren Michelle Green, 33, of Waskom was arrested on the charge of driving while intoxicated with child under 15 years of age on Wednesday.
- Bradley Bryce Davis, 22, of Karnack was arrested on the charge of burglary of a building on Wednesday.
- Prentiss Dwayne Pierce, 34, Longview was arrested on the charges of driving while license invalid and defective tires Wednesday.