A Marshall woman was killed Sunday when she struck a concrete barrier on a Smith County road, the Texas Department of Public Safety said.
Sherri Estelle Oney, 33, had been traveling on U.S. 271 about 3.5 miles southeast of Winona around 2:15 p.m., officials said. A preliminary crash investigation showed that Oney had been traveling north on the highway and came upon a group of vehicles that had slowed for a traffic light.
Oney took evasive action and struck a concrete barrier, officials said.
Oney was taken to UT Health Tyler, where she was later pronounced dead by Judge Andy Dunklin.
The crash remains under investigation.
Arrests Made by the Marshall Police Department
- Jasmine Nichole Robinson, 26, of Marshall was arrested on charges of possession of drug paraphernalia, no valid driver’s license, no proof liability insurance (two counts), speeding, expired driver’s license and expired vehicle registration on Friday.
- Armando Alcantar Baltazar, 50, of Marshall was arrested on a charge of public intoxication on Friday.
- Albert Dotie, 33, of Smithland was arrested on a parole warrant on Friday.
- Rebecca Ann George, 44, of Marshall was arrested on a charge of theft between $2,500 and $30,000 on Saturday.
- Demetreus Demond Hooper, 39, of Marshall was arrested on a charge of assault family violence on Saturday.
- Brian Earl McCowan, 41, of Marshall was arrested on a charge of criminal trespass on Saturday.
- Luciano Espino Bustos, 36, of Marshall was arrested on a charge of driving while intoxicated first offense on Sunday.
- Clinton Joshua Gilmore, 38, of Marshall was arrested on a charge of theft, a parole violation warrant and a Gregg County warrant on Sunday.
- Adrian Rashad Ward, 30, of Marshall was arrested on a charge of disorderly conduct on Sunday.
- Kennis Dwight Cobbins, 43, of Jefferson was arrested on charges of driving while license invalid, expired vehicle registration and no liability insurance on Sunday.
Incidents reported to the Marshall Police Department
- Burglary of a motor vehicle, 1400 block of Wingwood Drive, Friday
- Warrant issued by other agency, 700 block of Forest Terrance, Friday
- Theft, 1700 block of North East End Boulevard, Friday
- Aggravated assault firearm, 2500 block of South East End Boulevard, Friday
- Credit card or debit card abuse, 800 block of James Farmer Street, Friday
- Burglary of habitation, 700 block of West Rusk Street, Friday
- Burglary of vehicle, 300 block of Poplar Street, Friday
- Burglary of vehicle, 300 block of Fisher Drive, Saturday
- Theft of property between $750 and $2,500, 1800 block of North East End Boulevard, Saturday
- Criminal mischief between $2,500 and $30,000, 2600 block of Loop 390, Saturday
- Theft under $100, 1700 block of North East End Boulevard, Saturday
- Assault, 2500 block of West Pinecrest Drive, Saturday
- Driving while intoxicated first offense, 100 block of East Grand Avenue, Sunday
- Warrant issued by other agency, 300 block of East Interstate 20, Sunday